This project is about common technologies used to build (part) of web information systems. The project course is given for students at Lübeck University of Applied Sciences (in german language). The course covers following aspects:
- IaaS Cloud Computing to host (distributed and scalable) web applications
- descriptional languages for web content like HTML
- presentational languages for web content like CSS
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- client and server side programming with Dart
- security aspects like HTML/SQL injections or session hijacking
Students apply their intensified web programming skills by developing a small one person, DOM-tree based (that means not canvas based) online game like Tetris or Boulder Dash.
IaaS Cloud Computing is introduced to provide a convenient form to host even complex and distributed web based systems.
Course Material (german only)
- Crash course: IaaS Cloud Computing
- HTML Units: HTML and CSS
- Dart Units: Part 1, Part 2
- Exercises: Excercise 1, Excercise 2
Webtech course (summer 2015) game outcomes developped by students. Feel free to play around some classical arcade games as single page html “apps”. All games are only using HTML, CSS and Dart. Canvas was not allowed to solve the problem.