Elastic container platforms like Docker Swarm get more and more attention due to the fact that they enable and simplify the deployment and operation of multi-container systems or cloud-native applications.
All these platforms provide weekly email newsletters where great links, news, articles, howtos, manuals and more can be found.
Nevertheless, these informations are short-living. They are fading out of focus as the weeks pass by. But there are a lot of great posts which should be collected and presented in a more enduring way.
The links on this site are reviewed and updated weekly (very subjective).
Feel free to contact me if you think there are valuable links missing or if you know better links. You may also want to use the disqus comments at the end of this article to propose improvements or additional or even better links.
Warning: Links are not selected by objective criteria (this collection only contains links I find useful from a very personal point of view).
You may want to check additional link collections dealing with:
What is Docker’s Swarm Mode?
- Swarm Mode Key Concepts by Docker (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Docker and Swarm Mode Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 by Gabriel Schenker (added 6. Oct 2016)
Deploying the platform (your first cluster)
- Understanding InfraKit by Kunal Kushawa (added 20. Oct 2016)
- Getting started with swarm mode by Docker (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Deploy a service to the swarm by Docker (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Labels and Constraints with Docker Daemon and Service by Arun Gupta (added 21. Jul 2016)
- 5 minutes dabbling with Docker Distributed Application Bundles (DAB) by Lachlan Evenson (added 28. Jun 2016)
Monitoring the platform
- Docker Swarm Monitoring and Logging Using the ELK Stack by Asaf Yigal (added 18. Oct 2016)
- TO BE DONE
Securing the platform
- Docker Security by Docker (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Docker swarm mode overlay network security model by Docker (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Secrets and LIE-abilities: The State of Modern Secret Management (2017) by Jeff Nickoloff (added 10. Feb 2017)
- Secrets Come to Docker by Nigel Brown (added 10. Feb 2017)