Elastic container platforms like Kubernetes get more and more attention due to the fact that they enable and simplify the deployment and operation of multi-container systems or cloud-native applications.
All these platforms provide weekly email newsletters where great links, news, articles, howtos, manuals and more can be found. Nevertheless, these informations are short-living. They are fading out of focus as the weeks pass by. But there are a lot of great posts which should be collected and presented in a more enduring way.
The links on this site are reviewed and updated weekly (very subjective).
Feel free to contact me if you think there are valuable links missing or if you know better links. You may also want to use the disqus comments at the end of this article to propose improvements or additional or even better links.
Warning: Links are not selected by objective criteria (this collection only contains links I find useful from a very personal point of view).
You may want to check additional link collections dealing with:
What is Kubernetes?
- What is Kubernetes by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Exploring Kubernetes as a Mesos Framework: Does it Make Sense? by Klaus Ma (added 18. Oct 2016)
- What to Know About Kubernetes 1.4 by Oley Verhovsky (added 18. Oct 2016)
Deploying the platform (your first cluster)
- How to set up a HA privately networked Kubernetes cluster in AWS with kops by Kris Nova (added 13. Dec 2016)
- Installing Kubernetes on Linux with kubeadm by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Tutorials by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
- How to Set Up Scalable Jenkins on Top of a Kubernetes Cluster by Yuri Bushnev (added 14. Mar 2018)
- Apache Spark 2.3 with Native Kubernetes Support by Anirudh Ramanathan and Palak Bhatia (added 8. Mar 2018)
- OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple for Docker & Kubernetes by Alex Ellis (added 7. Mar 2018)
- 10 Most Common Reasons Kubernetes Deployments Fail Part I and Part II by Ross Kukulinski (added 28. Feb 2017)
- Fission: Serverless Functions as a Service for Kubernetes by Soam Vasani (added 30. Jan 2017)
- Hello World by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
Monitoring and (auto-)scaling the platform
- Logging with Elasticsearch and Kibana by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
Monitoring and (auto-)scaling workloads/services
- Microservice Monitoring in Kubernetes with Netsil by Matt Baldwin (added 8. Nov 2016)
- Writing a Kubernetes Autoscaler with Groovy and Spring Boot by Ray Tsang (added 8. Nov 2016)
- Resource Usage Monitoring by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Kubernetes Dashboard by _Kubernetes.io__ (added 18. Oct 2016)
Platform Networking and Service Communication
- Linkerd: A Service Mesh for Kubernetes by Alex Leong, Sarah Brown, Risha Mars, Kevin Lingerfield, and more (added 21. Mar 2017)
- Getting started with Traefik by Alex Richards (added 7. Mar 2017)
- A container networking overview by Julia Evans (added 10. Jan 2017)
- Run Weave Net with Kubernetes in Just One Line by Bryan Boreham (added 18. Oct 2016)
Securing the platform
- Kubernetes Hardening by Moshe Roth (added 7. Mar 2018)
- Activate weave overlay network encryption for Kubernetes by Issue on GitHub (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Kubernetes Ingres authentication by Manuel Alejandro de Brito Fontes (added 14. Mar 2017)
- Trireme by Aporeto (added 8. Nov 2016)
- Aporeto Thinks Container Security Can Really Be This Simple by Craig Matsumoto (added 8. Nov 2016)
- Secrets by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)
- Pod Security Policies by Kubernetes.io (added 18. Oct 2016)