(Image: incredibleguy / flickr.com, Lizenz: CC-BY)
Remark: This translation is just for convenience for non german speaking candidates. Only the official job advertisement fulfills necessary regulatory framework. You may also want to check the job posting on academics.de.
Lübeck University of Applied Sciences is one the best third-party funded Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany and with over 4.300 students in four departments and over 26 study programmes biggest higher education institution in Lübeck. For a new research project conducted by the Center of Excellence CoSA at the Department for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science we seek a
Research Assistant Cloud Computing
Application ID (Kennziffer): 8.521
We offer a temporary work contract starting on 1st September 2014 ending on 31 August 2017.
Your duties will include:
- Contribute to definition, procurement, installation and operation of a private cloud infrastructure for research purposes
- Contribute to research projects
- Develop software for secure and transferable cloud services
- Present research results on international conferences and in scientific journals
- Maintain contact and coordinate with cooperating partners
- Support students in doing project or thesis work as well as to support teaching activities for courses like webtechnologies or cloud computing
To do a doctorate (PhD) is feasible and welcomed.
Condition of employment is a diploma or masters degree preferably in computer science and interest in doing scientific work. Substantial knowledge of distributed systems or cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS) is desirable. Very good command of English is assumed. This job advertisement addresses especially diploma or master graduates.
For any further questions do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Nane Kratzke (email@example.com).
Please send your written application by mail at the following address until 18th July 2014. Do not forget to mention the application id (Kennziffer). We can only consider applications with complete documents.
Abteilung I Personal
Mönkhofer Weg 239